Smoky Tomato & Mango BBQ Sauce

Smoky Tomato & Mango BBQ Sauce Recipe
I'm appalled at the lack of sugar free barbecue sauces available on the market. The
amount that I could find in my local grocery stores = zero. I'm glad though because if I'd
been able to buy some I'd never have tried making my own! This sauce is delicious on
chicken, or especially mixed into some velvety pulled pork! Who's hungry??

Makes about 2 cups
  • 2 cups tomato puree
  • 1/4 cup sugar free ketchup
  • 1/2 cup white vinegar
  • 1/4 cup dijon mustard
  • 1 Tbl liquid smoke
  • 1 Tbl apple cider vinegar
  • 1 tsp fish sauce
  • ¼ cup lemon juice
  • 1 Tbl Texas Pete hot sauce
  • 2 Tbl dehydrated onions
  • 1 Tbl ground coriander
  • 1/2 tsp celery salt
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1 Tbl garlic powder
  • 2 Tbl sweetener*
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp allspice
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
  • 1/2 tsp ground cloves
  • 1 tsp ground ginger
  • 1 TBL sugar free mango syrup (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan. Cook down for about 30 minutes or until you reach the consistency you want. Taste and adjust for sweetness, salt, and heat to your
preference. Slather it on everything!

Approx. nutrition info. per 2 Tbl serving: 23 calories, 0g fat, 3g net carbs, 1g protein

Article Source: The Gluten Free Low Carber by Mellissa Sevigny

No comments:

Author

authorHello, my name is Jim Black. I'm interested in healthy cooking and fitness.



About

This blog provides thousands of healthy and tasty low-carbohydrate recipes, you can do it... at home!